Pull out your passport and pack your bags, Hong Kong is open for tourists!
Hong Kong has officially done away with the requirement for inbound travellers to undergo mandatory hotel quarantine. As of Monday, 26 September 2022, all overseas arrivals follow a ‘0+3’ arrangement that allows them to go straight from the airport to their chosen accommodation. Following three days of medical surveillance – a period during which they can go out but not enter premises subject to active Vaccine Pass checking – they are free to explore the city in its entirety.
From bustling city streets to serene jungle hikes – there’s so much to see and do in our fair city. We’ve compiled a short list of some of our favourite places to stay and experience, from both our clients and our team members. Read on to find a few new items to add to your Hong Kong Travel Wish List.
• Resting 118 floors above the city in Kowloon’s International Commerce Centre, The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong is a hotel like no other. For unmatched skylines and panoramic city views, visit the rooftop lounge or the highest bar in the world, OZONE.
• You’ll find luxury redefined at The St. Regis Hong Kong. This beautifully-designed “curated mansion” is situated in the heart of Wan Chai and contains multiple Michelin-starred restaurants. The personalised butler service and luxury suites will ensure an unforgettable stay.
• If it’s sociability and convenient access to Kowloon you’re after, book your stay at W Hong Kong. Just five minutes away from Kowloon Station and the Airport Express, this hotel has delicious dining options and boasts the highest outdoor swimming pool in the city.
• For sophisticated spaces and glorious harbour views, check out JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong. Located above Pacific Place downtown, this hotel offers easy access to the city and warmly designed rooms to relax in after a long day of exploring.
Team pick: A new arrival on the scene, The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel Hong Kong is an oceanfront luxury resort on the southern coast. Conveniently located near Ocean Park and Water World, the hotel has stunning views of the South China Sea, exquisite dining venues and an outdoor infinity pool.
• The chic and contemporary southern Italian dining room GIACOMO at Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway Bay is launching a new signature dish and limited wine pairing menu this Autumn. Designed by the restaurant’s sommelier and Michelin-star-trained chef, this menu seeks to elevate the typical dining experience. If you happen to miss the special menu, be sure to visit for their everyday exquisite offerings. You won’t regret it!
• The Grounds is one of Hong Kong’s most popular outdoor entertainment spaces. Kicking off on 13 October, their second season is set to be packed full of blockbuster movies, family-friendly activities and delectable dining options. Under the light of the iconic Hong Kong Observation Wheel and along the shores of Victoria Harbour, this is an experience not to be missed!
• Embrace the outdoors with one of our most popular family-friendly hikes, Dragon’s Back. Follow the trail at your own pace and enjoy the panoramic views of Shek O Beach, Big Wave Bay and Tai Tam Harbour. We recommend heading out in the morning before it gets too hot – you’ll be in either Shek O or Big Wave Bay just in time for lunch!
• We may be a bit biased, but our office is located in one of the city’s most vibrant and exciting neighbourhoods. Allow yourself to get lost in Sheung Wan and you’ll stumble across some of the best cafés and coffee shops in town, as well as a few enchanting art galleries, antique dealers and historic temples.
• If you’ve ever seen Hong Kong featured in a movie or television show, you’ll have seen the iconic view from Victoria Peak. For unmatched panoramic views of skyscrapers, peninsulas, coastlines and mountains, the Peak is a must-see destination. Make the most of the scene with a walk along the short 3.5-km loop trail, and, for an extra-special experience, catch the newly renovated Peak Tram on your way up!
A bonus tip from us: on your first three days in the city, you won’t be able to dine in but you can take away. There’s a new oat milk in town called OATSIDE we recommend you check out. They just launched in the city earlier this month with three delicious flavours: Barista Blend, Chocolate and Chocolate Hazelnut. When you’re out and about and in need of a barista-made pick-me-up, you can find OATSIDE available at % Arabica and Flash Coffee.
Hong Kong looks forward to welcoming the world back to its shores. We’ll see you soon!
22 Jun 2022
Sino Group’s Grand Central recently received multiple accolades for its urban greening designs and eco-friendly features.
17 May 2021
Renowned musician, ABRSM Examiner and expert in music-teacher education, Bill Thomson, shares his tips for music exam prep as remote exams become more frequent
16 Apr 2019
The investment is part of the global expansion plans of Plaza Premium Group, the global pioneer and industry leader in premium airport services.