Two fully integrated PR strategies were developed, each headlined by an experiential PR activation, and supported by strong social media and traditional media outreach. Armed with the insight that Hong Kongers wished to create deeper cultural connections on their travels, we selected experiences that focused the narrative on key traveller goals such as recharging, bonding with families, and broadening horizons.
“Singlish Fun”: Boosting young professional off-peak visitor numbers
- We engaged famous KOL Hana Tam to create a video recording a fun trip with a Singapore KOL.
- Content explored stories about the “soft power” of Singapore, Singlish, through appealing themes for young travellers including the city’s night life, outdoor adventures, dining and shopping, as well as under-the-radar attractions
- The campaign had a strong online element, including a media partnership with a travel-focused digital platform, U Magazine
- Videos were posted on STB’s official Facebook page and distributed via U Magazine’s various products. Further buzz and momentum were sustained through illustrations of popular Singlish phrases after the video launch
- Collaborations with Tigerair and Jetstar allowed us to roll out a call-to-action promotion for price-conscious young professionals during the campaign period
“My Little Journey to Singapore”: A call to action for multi-generational family travel
- The hook for this campaign was a book illustrated by 10-year-old Hong Kong artist Ying Ying, who visited and was inspired to share her story
- The book was designed as a family guide, used to create a new narrative around family travel to Singapore
- A promotional vehicle, designed to showcase Singapore’s family-friendly attractions, toured Hong Kong neighbourhoods sharing Ying Ying’s story and included exciting VR experiences and souvenirs
- Creative messaging across earned, owned and paid channels was support by promotional offers from travel partners that led to an increase in family ticket sales to Singapore
- A Facebook video series with targeted post seeding and giveaway games created further conversation and shareability
- A press preview event brought in media from lifestyle and travel sectors to meet Ying Ying and hear her story